Ohiofarmgirl's Adventures in The Good Land is largely a fish out of water tale about how I eventually found my footing on a small farm in an Amish town. We are a mostly organic, somewhat self sufficient, sustainable farm in Ohio. There's action and adventure and I'll always tell you the truth about farming.


Monday, February 23, 2015

Lather...rinse...repeat...

Another day, another record low "high" for the day (9* it already happened), windchills well below zero, everyone is stuck inside. We are supposed to be around 40* at this time of year not gripped in a Siberian cold snap. No one is happy.

*insert more complaining about cold here*

*complain about winter chores here*

*be glad only the turkey died and that it was NOT my fault here*

*include adorable picture of dogs playing in snow here*

*lamely suggest that we can make it just a little while longer here*

*resort to binging on 'the netflix' and pudding here*

The  Lather...rinse repeat.....

  Let's just think about summer.

*sigh*



5 comments:

Heavens Door Acres said...

Put on your she woman Viking helmet, you can do it!! Just a few more weeks. ;)

David said...

I feel ya.... the stuff grows wearisome.

TwoBlueJays said...

Here south of you outside Cincinnati I look at my snowed under beds and sigh. In winter we miss summer. In summer I never miss winter. Ever. Never ever.

Vera said...

Keeping busy is how I get through the winter....however, of late we seem to be hit by a heavy lethargy which doesn't seem to want to go away...roll on some spring weather, perhaps that will brighten us up, hope it does for you too!

Unknown said...

Hugs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...